Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Out of synch

My heartfelt empathy to US residents (especially those with longhair and beards in Austin).  I know the rational behind daylight savings, it's sound, but that doesn't prevent me from getting caught out by it every year.  Twice every a year!

Appropriately I'm feeling out of synch myself - my body and mind are in totally different places.  My body has had a bit of a cycle, feels rested and fed, and demands to go to bed.  It's giving lots of hints - droopy eyelids, yawns, the whole repertoire.  The mind is trying to ignore all this baseness and work through a course that has to be passed this week.  Very interesting stuff.  It's got a couple of tricks too - it's bouncing away to  the lively electronica it tricked the hand into setting playing, and it's reading the lecture slides from the computer - it's had many the succesful defense against sleep demands in front of the screen, oh yes, this is it's home turf.

I'm trying to figure out why 12-2AM seems to be some kind of golden zone for me focus wise.  If I could mimic that throughout the day, I'd be set.

Anybody else experiencing this?

technorati tags:, , ,

Blogged with Flock

5 comments:

Ciaran said...

Man I am always more productive late at night, can get so much done between 12 and 4. I think it might be the lack of distractions at that time that makes it so easy to concentrate.

frech said...

my heart is beating fastest at 1 am. i am forcing myself to sleep at that time, but hardly ever manage.

arg, thesis time. just the thought that it ll be over "one day" (before 31.7.08) keeps me going.

i managed to change my blog url too.

www.kampista.blogspot.com

Trey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trey said...

The bit we studied on chinese medicine said that hours of the day/night were related to the organ systems, and that wakefulness at night was related to imbalances in them. probably bollocks.
I am taking your sage advice re: the dark stuff--as son as I return from massage mill, I shall begin cooking a pint. happy st P's--cheers!

Anonymous said...

It's because there's no one emailing, calling, SMSing, no places you should be, and all the people you should see are asleep. Unless they're up like you, seeking solace in the dark, starting to IM you..then you'll just have to stay up that much later to stay ahead, at which point it's time to become one of those wake up early people...(gasp!)